by Captain Oblivious
A couple of notes to pass along on this otherwise boring Friday.
Christopher Nolan seems to be moving on from his summer blockbuster Inception and putting more focus on two huge projects. First up is the news that he has finally started on the screenplay for his third Batman outing which is due summer 2012.
The director had this to say about his next trip to Gotham:
“I don’t like to talk too much about things until I’m further along with them. But I’m working on the script right now. My brother Jonah has done a draft for the script and now I’m writing on it. We have set a release date and as far as the film being officially greenlit, they haven’t told they don’t want to do it. So I’m hopeful.”
Next up is his “godfather” role in helping Warner get a new Superman movie out by the end of 2012 when the studio loses the rights to the character. David Goyer is already hard at work on the script which Nolan has already said he approves in the way it brings Superman into a “modern context”. He supposedly will be making his suggestion to Warner Bros. for a director in the next few weeks from a short list and my thoughts on them are this:
– Tony Scott (I like him but I don’t want Denzel as my new Superman)
– Johnathan Liebsman (probably a no-go since he’s already attached to Clash of the Titans 2: Clash Harder)
– Duncan Jones (I loved Moon and would wonder how he would handle an iconic character with a big budget)
– Zack Snyder (in a perfect world yes. A thousand times yes)
– Matt Reeves (I liked Cloverfield and Let Me In looks like it should be good. Could he handle the pressure?)